Do you know the difference between filing a DBA versus filing a LLC?! While each state may vary a teeny bit, its virtually the same steps to register online as either a Doing Business As
Things we talked about:
- What is a DBA
- Your state may classify it as an assumed business name, trade name, or fictitious name
- The costs associated with filing a DBA versus LLC
- How to register online with your state
- Why I suggest a LLC is best
Here are a few quotes:
- (3:02) "The biggest difference between a DBA and a LLC is liability protection."
- (7:58) “You don't have to file an annual report as a DBA.”
- (11:58) "LLCs are filed in your state and you file whats called Articles of Incorporation. This is usually with a Secretary of State's office. I always suggest you register in your home state, and if you move around a lot, register where you primarily live and then file as a foreign entity in other states you work in."
- (15:35) "Lots of people create one LLC entity bubble and then create other DBAs under that LLC."
Select the Correct Business Entity Freebie: bit.ly/businessentity
The Legal Paige Contract Shop: http://www.thelegalpaige.com/shop