I am talking all about what small business owners like yourself need to think about as each individual state starts the re-opening process. This has been a topic that has been at the forefront of my mind as well as so many others in our TLP community as COVID-19 and this season has progressed. As you listen to today's episode please also take a look into your state-specific guidelines as well.
Things we talk about:
- What you need to think about as each state begins to re-open
- How the reopening phases will come and what levels of government you need to research to make sure you are following proper protocols
- How to overserve your clients and with your actual services
- But underserve in terms of your contracts
- The legal clauses and contracts you need in your toolkit as a small business owner
- What you need to know about everyone's biggest fear... what if I am infected with COVID-19 but don't know it
Here are a few quotes:
"Things are once again changing very, very rapidly, and I know that there's a lot of confusion as to what you can and cannot do legally as a small business owner."
"The one thing I will say is your state governor's website is a great resource for all of the relevant reopening documents and information that you are going to need in order to communicate what you are doing as a business owner, to all of your clients, and also ensure that you are taking the appropriate next steps related to what this phase reopening is going to look like."
"If you're providing wedding and event services, not only in your county but in various counties throughout the state. You are going to want to keep all of those county regulations and procedures in mind as this phase reopening is happening."
"Are you listening in and are concerned about working closely with people as your state starts opening back up. Do you have a wedding or event this summer that's going to have a bigger gathering of people than you're comfortable with?"
"Now is the time to get a liability waiver ready for all of your clients to sign to ensure your business is legally legit and protected from any potential COVID-19 threats or claims."
COVID-19 Release and Liability Waiver:thelegalpaige.com
COVID-19 Postponement and Cancellation Clause:thelegalpaige.com
The Legal Paige Shop: https://thelegalpaige.com/shop