Episode 57: How to Use Contract Addendums, Rescheduling Contracts, and Cancellation Contracts
The world is changing, we have had to pivot, reschedule, and even have clients cancel events. You’ve had client questions coming at you from all angels, and you just want to feel *protected*. I get it, you want to make sure you are crossing your t’s and dotting your I’s!!
While we can’t control what our clients choose to do, we CAN ensure our businesses are set up for success. During this episode of the podcast I want to make sure you are well-equipped to best serve your clients, properly send contracts and addendums, and why it's important to go above and beyond but also still legally protect yourself!
- Answering your questions on how to use each new contract and the addendums.
- Tips on what to do if you use CRM systems like Honey Book, 17 Hats, Dusado, and Hello Sign.
- If the original contract needs to be sent over as well as the updated new contract.
- The importance of serving and going above and beyond for your clients.
- I also touch on if you should be including a non-disparagement clause and my thoughts on that.
"It's a contract addendum, so this is a document that you're going to use when your clients have a new event date. They just want to reschedule your services to this new date that they already have. It's locked down, and you are fully comfortable with the language in your existing contract.
“You're going to want to put a date that your clients need to notify you of how they're using your credit. That is really important because you kind of want to have a cutoff date of when they would ultimately just forfeit all of their fees paid. They have some obligations here to tell you how they're using this, so to speak, gift card, metaphorically on credit with your company."
"You need to document that in some way, shape, or fashion by having a signed agreement and you're going to explain what you are doing with the fees they have paid thus far under this cancelation contract."