Speaker Contract for Organizers
This template is perfect for any conference, workshop, or retreat organizer that is hiring speakers for in-person services. It is always best to ensure you present your speakers with a contract that is suitable and appropriate to protect your business. This contract was created to make sure not only that your speakers won’t back out with no liability, but that the speakers also retain some rights such as their copyright to their slides and work product. This contract was reviewed and critiqued by speaking coach Jessica Rasdall and Showit United.
This Contract Covers Situations Like
- Compensation clause with two options (a monetary fee with a retainer to secure the speaker’s services and a non-monetary fee with travel compensation and complimentary tickets to the event),
- An explanation of what time the speaker is expected to be present at the event,
- An independent contractor clause,
- A clause related to you selling items at the event,
- An explanation of what happens in the event of cancellation,
- The duty of the speaker to promote your event and duty of the company to promote the speaker,
- An inclement weather clause in case the speaker’s travel is interrupted,
- And so much more!
→ Click the “What's Included” tab to see the full list!
Best Suited For
This contract template was created for any conference, workshop, or retreat organizer that is hiring speakers for in-person services.
Purchase of this Contract Also Includes
- All updates that TLP may potentially make in the future. We update this particular contract often due to changing circumstances in the business world.
- A ScreenFlow tutorial by Paige on how to use your contract template with our easy step-by-step process.
→ Click on “Template Features” to see all features included.
Have additional questions about the Speaker Contract for Organizers? Contact us HERE.
Every template is prepared by The Legal Paige,LLC, attorney drafted and reviewed, and created specifically for your industry.
Every template is created with easy-to-use fill-in-the-blanks for your unique business.We make it simple to identify what information you need to input with highlighted, editable sections.
Once you’ve finished, you can quickly copy/paste into your client management software, Google Docs, or Microsoft Word to send to clients in a snap.
All language is 100% legal mumbo jumbo-free(aka no complicated legal terms).
Plus, you'll getfree accessto future template updates from The Legal Paige.
DISCLAIMER: By purchasing a template contract and/or document from The Legal Paige, LLC, you are not given access to Paige and no attorney-client relationship is created.
All template documents are drafted using general U.S. contract principles and are not state-specific. Our products are easy-to-use and have highlighted, editable sections with commentary on what to amend according to your business practices and local state laws. You may modify the document on your own or find an attorney in your state to help you.
Some template documents are available in Canada, have been reviewed by a Canadian lawyer, and are drafted using general Canadian common law contract principles (not for use in Quebec due to civil law jurisdiction). Thus, if you purchase a Canadian template all language in the document will be applicable to your business operating in Canada. If you need assistance modifying the document, please find lawyer in your territory/province to help you.